[News] New Interview with Richard Stallman

  • Subject: [News] New Interview with Richard Stallman
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:56:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Interview with Richard Stallman: Four Essential Freedoms

,----[ Quote ]
| A patent is an artificial government-imposed monopoly on implementing a
| certain method or technique.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/cnews/article.php/12035_3717476_1

Related:

Transcript: Richard Stallman, honary degree speech, Pavia 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| The University of Pavia, in Italy, recently awarded Richard Stallman with an
| honorary degree. Stallman gave a short speech, his "lectio doctoralis", on
| the ethical imperative to use free software, focussing on individuals and
| schools.
`----

http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/ciaran_s_free_software_notes/transcript_richard_stallman_honary_degree_speech_pavia_2007

GNU GPL Creator Richard Stallman on the Meaning of 'Free'

,----[ Quote ]
| "Many computer users tend to equate Microsoft with evil, but that is a
| mistake. Yes, Microsoft develops non-free software, and yes, that is evil,
| but Microsoft is only one company among many that do this, and it is wrong no
| matter who does it," said Richard Stallman, founder of the Free Software
| Movement, author of the GNU GPL and initial developer of the GNU OS, which is
| the basis of today's GNU/Linux system.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/7SkQDXN0YglV6n/GNU-GPL-Creator-Richard-Stallman-on-the-Meaning-of-Free.xhtml

Free Software's True Believer

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard Stallman doesn't think it's okay to use proprietary software to
| make free software popular.
`----

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=18757&hed=Q%26amp%3BA%3A+Richard+Stallman

HL Interviews Dr. Richard Stallman