[News] [Rival] Xbox 360: From Catching on Fire to Intercepting Signals

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Xbox 360: From Catching on Fire to Intercepting Signals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 03:36:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Strange Xbox signal suspected of jamming wireless LANs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's popular Xbox 360 game console can create a strong and strange
| signal on wireless LANs, according to IT staff at Morrisville State College.
|
| It's not clear whether the signal disrupts the college's WLAN access points
| or students' wireless notebooks. There is some anecdotal evidence, however,
| that it at least affects other radios in the same 2.4GHz band.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/cgi-bin/mailto/x.cgi?pagetosend=/export/home/httpd/htdocs/news/2007/121307-microsoft-xbox-jams-wireless-lans.html&pagename=/news/2007/121307-microsoft-xbox-jams-wireless-lans.html
http://tinyurl.com/ysoyk3

Related:

Design flaws, defects, and faults

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't know if these numbers are anything like the actual situation with the
| Xbox 360. The reality could be better or worse. I can't infer enough from
| Microsoft's behavior; the return rates are obviously high enough to trigger
| this public admission of a problem, yet they apparently aren't high enough to
| justify a recall.
|
| But I am quite sure that Microsoft has not said anything to justify these
| claims that all Xbox 360s are "faulty" or "defective," and I think it's
| important to understand the difference between these terms and Microsoft's
| use of "design issue" or CRN Australia's use of "design flaw." The truth is
| important, and words are all we have to explain the truth to each other.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9744783-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft faces second class action lawsuit over scratched discs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/19/microsoft-faces-second-class-action-lawsuit-over-scratched-discs/