Re: [News] Welcome the $191.99 GNU/Linux PC

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:35:35 -0500, DFS wrote:

> But I searched elsewhere and Google Earth for Linux is available so I
> may be wrong, but it's still not clear if that junker will run it.

ROFL.  Well, if it's available for my distro:

arrakis ~ #
arrakis ~ # eix googleearth
[U] x11-misc/googleearth
     Available versions:  4.2.198.2451!m
     Installed versions:  4!m(13:47:44 08/26/07)
     Homepage:            http://earth.google.com/

arrakis ~ #

then it's almost certainly available for all "major" main-stream
distros.  Hasn't this distro gone out of its way to install various apps
from google?

So, will google earth work fine on the Vista version of this system,
given that the Vista version comes with more RAM?  If it does, then I
would certainly expect that Vista could be replaced with a main-stream
distro and google earth would work fine.

-Thufir