[News] Review of Puppy Linux a Damn Small Linux Laptop (Eee PC)

  • Subject: [News] Review of Puppy Linux a Damn Small Linux Laptop (Eee PC)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:05:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Puppy Linux 3.0.1 [Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| Puppy is a nice compromise of tiny and feature-rich. If only it would install
| properly on my test machine, I wouldn't have to dock it a penguin. As a
| LiveCD it's not bad, but its small size shows.
|
| Much like similar micro-distros their very nature makes them hard for me to
| use as a regular desktop, and Puppy is no exception. Although it has a few
| more bells than Damn Small Linux, I still can't use it for anything other
| than LiveCD recovery tasks.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/puppy301.htm

The ASUS Eee Linux PC from the outside in

,----[ Quote ]
| It has to be said - the Eee looks good! It’s very pleasing to the eye. Still,
| ASUS are no strangers to laptop design. Several colour options exist but mine
| is white. It’s light and easy to carry, weighing less than 1kg. Ethernet and
| phone jacks adorn one side along with a USB 2.0 port and audio in and out
| plugs, while the other side sports an SD memory stick slot, two USB 2.0
| ports, a VGA socket and a receptacle for a Kensington security cable.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15802/1143/

Related:

Asus Eee PC doing well

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that this holiday season the gPC is not the only mainstream Linux
| PC to get a lot of attention. The Asus Eee PC, a $400 laptop that runs a
| basic version of Linux, is sold out at Amazon and Best Buy, where it has
| received a 4.5/5 user rating at both places.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2007/11/24/asus-eee-pc-doing-well/

The Asus Eee Laptop Series Selling Off the Shelves World Wide

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.physorg.com/news115288648.html