[News] [Rival] Moronic Windows Error Messages, Testers Confused (All Users are Testers Anyway)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Moronic Windows Error Messages, Testers Confused (All Users are Testers Anyway)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 08:22:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows error messages - written by robots, for robots

,----[ Quote ]
| Seriously, how many people are there in the world who are going to go “Hmmm,
| error code 8024402F … ahhh yes, I know what the problem is”?  I can’t, and
| I’ve been neck deep in the Microsoft ecosystem for what is getting to be
| almost two decades.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=934

Vista SP1 - My Windows is now an "Evaluation Copy' WTF

,----[ Quote ]
| So SP1 may have fixed some of my issues, but apparently it's created a major
| one of its own.
|
| My Windows Desktop now says
|
| Windows Vista
| Evaluation Copy, Build 6001
|
| Nothing asking me to activate though, wtf is going on here?
`----

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=364869

Related:

Best Windows Error Ever May Rip Time-Space Continuum, Destroy Reality

,----[ Quote ]
| Adding to the inter-dimensional conundrum, the paradoxical rogue dialog box
| informed the Vista user that it will report later with the solution to the
| reporting stopping reporting.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/windows-error-may-bring-galactic-debacle/best-windows-error-ever-may-rip-time+space-continuum-destroy-reality-330648.php

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo06091944fe5.jpg

Best Windows error message yet!

,----[ Quote ]
| There was a problem with this installation.  Windows Live
| Messenger was not installed.
`----

http://mintchocicecream.googlepages.com/catastrophicfailure

One of Those Windows' World Dilemma

,----[ Quote ]
| So what do you make out of the following window .... error or no
| error !!!!!!!
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/06/10/one-of-those-windows-world-dilemma/

Now it's final. I will NEVER upgrade to Vista.

,----[ Quote ]
| "...Windows was deactivated due to a hardware change. You must activate
| Windows within 3 days or Windows will stop working. Click to start
| activation..."
|
| [...]
|
| Hasta la Vista, baby!! It's Windows XP, Linux, and Mac now.
`----

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=102&threadID=212977&start=0&tag=nl.e138

Windows: "Cannot remove folder because it's not empty."

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://macbasement.com/2006/11/29/windows-cannot-remove-folder-because-its-not-empty/