[News] New GNU/Linux Dsitribution is Born; phpBB Reaches Milestone

  • Subject: [News] New GNU/Linux Dsitribution is Born; phpBB Reaches Milestone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 06:07:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Pre-Order PyroLinux

,----[ Quote ]
| PyroLinux 1.0 Blaze is now available for Pre-Order via On-Disk.com one of our
| CD distributing partners.
`----

http://www.pyrolinux.com/

phpBB Launches Next Wave of Social Networking and Forum Features

,----[ Quote ]
| Worldwide launch of phpBB Version 3.0 and the seventh anniversary of the most
| widely used open source collaboration system.
|
| [...]
|
| phpBB is developed by six core developers, more than forty team members and
| is supported by a community of almost 300,000 users and developers. Among the
| new features announced today, phpBB has been specifically optimised for the
| mobile market.
`----

http://www.phpbb.com/about/press/

Related:

Why Having 500+ Distros is a Good Thing

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps next time the author might think about what they're
| saying...because limiting the number of distros out there is
| absolutely NOT the way to go to accomplish anything other
| than limiting innovation.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archives/186-Why-Having-500+-Distros-is-a-Good-Thing.html

Last year: