[News] Lab Test Says Ubuntu Linux Wins on the Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Lab Test Says Ubuntu Linux Wins on the Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:03:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The World Series of Linux: Round 3, The Championship

,----[ Quote ]
| So we get to the final smackdown in CMP Channel Test Center's World Series of
| Linux. It's Ubuntu vs. Fedora.
|
| [...]
|
| A close call, but Ubuntu wins the game and the title of Best Desktop Linux.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/204802209

New Ubuntu podcast series:

Full Circle Podcast - Episode #0

,----[ Quote ]
| Full Circle Podcast - Episode 0
| The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast
| in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java installed, or you can download the
| podcast with the link underneath the player.
`----

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/2007/12/13/podcast-0/

Related:

Ubuntu Wins Most User Friendly Linux Distribution Award

,----[ Quote ]
| Mark Shuttleworth, Founder of Ubuntu, commented "We are all extremely
| proud of the impact Ubuntu has made, and proud that Ubuntu is seen as
| one of the finest examples of user-friendly Linux. With the commitment
| and dedication of our excellent community, and with the huge leaps in
| functionality and usability upstream, we are confident that Ubuntu and
| the open source world can continue to provide our users with a high
| quality, modern experience."
`----

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2006/11/emw481227.htm

Ubuntu Receives Editor's Choice Award from PC Welt

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical Ltd, the commercial sponsor of Ubuntu, today announced it
| has scooped another award for Ubuntu, its leading-edge Linux
| distribution. At the PC Welt awards dinner held during the CeBIT
| Exhibition in Hanover, on Friday 16th March, Ubuntu was awarded
| the "Editor's Choice Award for Open Source".
`----

http://prweb.com/releases/2007/3/prweb513884.htm

The 2007 Rave Awards
Mark Shuttleworth | Ubuntu