[News] [Rival] Microsoft Hopes to Use Bundling/Dumping to Fight Hypervisors

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Hopes to Use Bundling/Dumping to Fight Hypervisors
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:37:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Declares War On VMWare

,----[ Quote ]
| Canaccord Adams analyst Mark Kelleher said that the risk for VMware is that
| Microsoft decides to add virtualization as a feature for free in its
| products.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/12/13/microsoft-virtualization-vmware-markets-equity-cx_cg_1213markets32.html?partner=yahootix

Microsoft will try to bundle (pulling an IE) and will get sued by VMWare, then
settle and carry on with its crimes. Wait and watch.

Microsoft's hypervisor also contains anti-GPL poison in the licence and Novell
is Microsoft accomplice in this situation.

Related:

A Software Maker Goes Up Against Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| When quizzed on Microsoft's plans, Mr. Ballmer replied, "Our view is
| that virtualization is something that should be built into the
| operating system."
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/24/technology/24soft.html?ex=1172898000&en=bbca645a927ef7f8&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS
http://tinyurl.com/35jkur

The VMware house of cards

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking at an ESX server, you’ll find what looks like a Linux OS. This isn’t
| a secret -- VMware call this the ‘console OS’.
`----

http://www.venturecake.com/the-vmware-house-of-cards/

VMware and the GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| VMware’s use of Linux is hardly a secret that’s just been
| uncovered—as the usual corporation-hating online mob crying “scandal!” seems
| to be implying. The architecture of ESX Server has been known for years.
| Books have been written about it.
`----

http://www.illuminata.com/perspectives/?p=347

VMware's Rosenblum: We'll Be Technically Better Than Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201805687