[News] KDE RC2 in Review, Multimedia Programming Framework Comes to KDE

  • Subject: [News] KDE RC2 in Review, Multimedia Programming Framework Comes to KDE
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:50:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A first look at KDE 4.0 release candidate 2

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4 uses a completely new visual style and icon set called Oxygen. The
| Oxygen widget theme uses a lot of subtle gradients, light shadows, round
| edges, and background highlighting.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071213-afirst-look-at-kde-4-0-release-candidate-2.html

Screenshots included.

Trolltech and KDE Team on Cross-Platform Multimedia Programming Framework

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech and KDE e.V. have entered into a technical collaboration on the
| development of Phonon, a cross-platform multimedia framework that makes it
| simple for programmers of all experience levels to incorporate multimedia
| functionality into their applications.
|
| Phonon was initially developed by the KDE community and will be part of the
| upcoming KDE 4.0 release.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/15498/trolltech-kde-team-cross-platform-multimedia-programming-framework

Related:

KDE 4.0 Release Candidate 1

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community is happy to announce the immediate availability of the
| first release candidate for KDE 4.0. This release candidate marks that the
| majority of the components of KDE 4.0 are now approaching release quality.
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0-rc1.php

Unveiling the winners of the Oxygen contest for wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| With the announcement of the Oxygen Wallpaper Contest in August, we, the
| Oxygen Team, intended to have the KDE community give the brand new KDE 4
| desktop its face - and the response was overwhelming! Artists and KDE
| enthusiasts submitted around 2000 high quality pictures, most of them being
| fantastic wallpapers.
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=23

[KDE:] Ladies and Gentlemans, we have a default wallpaper!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=25