Re: [News] Apple TV No Challenge to GNU/Linux

> Apple TV is tanking

>| When the MacIntellytosh was first released, the tame US trade press claimed
>| that The Blessed Steve Jobs had built another winner. They were certain of
>| this fact because Steve told them so and he would not invite them to another
>| Apple shindig unless they agreed.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/12/10/apple-tv-tanking
>
> Who funded this study? One has to wonder. Whose interest would it be?

As I learn more about my mythtv box, I become ever more convinced of its
value and capabilities.  It's dramatically changed how I watch much
television, particularly as I can get it to transcode to N800 size
automatically, so I merely need to drop a show or two onto an SD card
(which could also be automatic...) in order to watch it on my N800 the
next day, say.

By carefully selecting the transcoding size, I've got a set of small
videos which also play on the lads' GP2Xs and Mrs Mark's Archos 405.