[News] ACCESS Linux Platform Connects with Big Companies

  • Subject: [News] ACCESS Linux Platform Connects with Big Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:39:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ACCESS to Lead Development of Mobile Platform Based on ACCESS Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the
| mobile and beyond-PC markets, today announced the signing of a memorandum of
| understanding with NTT DoCoMo, Inc., NEC Corp., Panasonic Mobile
| Communications Co., Ltd., and ESTEEMO Co., Ltd. under which the companies
| will study the use of ACCESS Linux Platform(TM) as the basis for developing a
| shared Linux(R) platform for mobile phones and an operator pack for NTT
| DoCoMo.
`----

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/story/PRNEWS.20071210.AQM190/GIStory/

Lots and lots of articles about LiPS are still being published, e.g.:

Mobile Linux group releases first specification

,----[ Quote ]
| While Google Inc.'s Linux mobile phone platform, Android, has been stealing
| the spotlight, another longer-standing mobile Linux group is also moving
| ahead.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyId=18&articleId=9052119&intsrc=hm_topic

The mobile market is all about Linux nowadays.

Related:

Mobile operating systems: First thoughts on Access Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, my first impressions of ALP were positive. It seems to offer the
| features it needs to replace the current version of the Palm OS, which isn't
| hard, considering how woefully out of date Palm OS Garnet is.
`----

http://searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid40_gci1281855,00.html

Eeextremely Eeenticing: a review of the Asus Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asus Eee PC challenges many conventional assumptions about mobile
| computing. The daring, diminutive device combines a svelte subnotebook form
| factor with a unique Linux software platform and a budget-friendly price—
| factors that could make this unprecedented product a mainstream marvel. Last
| week, my colleague Jon described the Eee PC as game-changing: a
| characterization that we will put to the test in this review.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/eee-pc-review.ars

Access Linux Platform (ALP) First Thoughts

,----[ Quote ]
| Like its rival being developed by Palm, Inc., ALP (Access Linux Platform) is
| a Linux-based operating system for smartphones capable of running Palm OS
| applications.
|
| Access Systems (formerly PalmSource) is in the process of trying to drum up
| interest among potential ALP licensees, and couple of people from the
| company -- Albert Chu and Brian Purdy -- gave me a demonstration.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13471

Old:

PalmSource Now Called Access