Re: Western Digital drive is DRM-crippled for your safety

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Monday 10 December 2007 22:10 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Robin T Cox
> <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:36:11 GMT
> <vGf7j.3337$1j1.247@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:00:27 -0800, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Western Digital's 1TB My Book World Edition external hard drive has been
>>> crippled by DRM for your safety.
>>
>> Another disk drive manufacturer that thinks it doesn't have to compete in
>> the market place.
>>
>> You really have to wonder where these corporate suits are coming from,
>> and where they think they are going.
>>
>> When will they learn that you can't buck the market?
>>

> Are they selling to the end user or to the film interests?

That's just how it works. Friend helps friend in Beverly Hills. It won't stop
until you stand up and demand change.

> The market may not be what we think it is.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
Swap:  1510068k total,   370048k used,  1140020k free,    63056k cached