Re: [News] Linux Dominates in Xmas Gifts, Volunteers Reach Out

____/ Kier on Monday 31 December 2007 17:41 : \____

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:31:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 December 2007 13:21 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> The BBC iPlayer is *not* linux compatible and it never will be.  It is
>>> the Microsoft Silverlight player, and will only ever run on Windows.
>>> The BBC paid hundreds of millions of our licence-fee cash in order to
>>> put a skin on the Silverlight player.
>>
>> Yet the above shows you how many people they fooled with their PR charade. I
>> keep insisting that Linux and Mac are not supported (Flash is a second-class
>> compromise) and a lot of money is dead (inside the belly of a convicted
>> criminal).
>
> A lot of people would rather have the flash streaming than the download
> option.

That's true. Some say they should have never burned so much money on the
download service (streaming is the future). They should have gone with
something like Ogg (or Flash) in the first place.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
Tasks: 134 total,   1 running, 133 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie