Re: MSBBC censors news readers

____/ 7 on Monday 31 December 2007 11:16 : \____

> MSBBC censors news readers
> --------------------------
>
> Watching yesterday a technology article about 2007 and 2008.
> The guy being interviewed in prime news space had something to say
> about various gadgets. For 2008 its the Ausus EEE.
> So far so good.
>
> How many times was he allowed to mention Linux?
>
> In the whole 3 minutes, the emphasis was on that
> fscking awful OS from micoshaft. Micoshaft got
> several mentions. No mention of Linux anywhere
> in the program whilst talking about the EEE!
> For fsck sake!
> Considering Ausus EEE is projected
> to sell 1 billion dollars worth for 2008 and its sold
> with Linux running on it, its
> appauling that MSBBC and its cronies try so hard
> to keep Linux out of prime news time.

When the O/S become a commodity (which it will), nobody will bother to say what
it's called. Gates' computing museum is important because it will show that
GNU/Linux had some competition predating it. And it also had a name: Windows.

Appliances have their identity and brands hidden. Just ask phone owners if they
know what Symbian is.

Windows is prevalent in a single area, which is the desktop. Ironically, it's
also worse on the desktop (practically speaking, market share aside) than Mac
OS and Linux. People mention Windows only because it's more visible. It's an
identical desktop (visual identity, a la communism) with many logos and
familiar blue screens.

Yesterday I took a low-end machine without a graphics card. A couple of clicks
away in Ubuntu there was an item called "desktop effects" which enabled Compiz
(eye candy) and it ran smoothly. Very weird. I don't think there was an
on-board graphics card. Can Linux be /that/ good? It must be. Windows is in
trouble, no matter what broadcasting company Microsoft takes over to mess
about with visibility of alternatives. People will sooner or later see that
there is choice (it's the network effect). Try to find showrooms with
full-blown 'Linux glory' in them. It's another form of censorship. The
editorial control/filter of the corporate PC world...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 11:20:01 up 21 days, 8 min,  4 users,  load average: 1.73, 1.74, 1.61