Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Shill 'Analysts' Asked for Press Quotes on Vista

* Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

> At least she keeps people informed when executives quietly jump ship. That's
> just why I keep track of the drivel. There's a bit of resentment because she
> deletes comments and trackbacks that point to BoycottNovell. I sense that
> Microsoft doesn't like that site.

This is interesting:

   http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/

   December 28th, 2007
   What does Microsoft's IPTV reorg have to do with 'Fiji'?

   I've been thinking about Microsoft\u2019s quiet reorg, via which
   the company unified the IPTV, Media Center and HD DVD initiatives
   into a single organization, known as the Microsoft Connected TV
   business group.

   . . .

      Until we (Microsoft) realize that we need to deliver one unified
      platform for multimedia development and consumption, these types
      of changes are not going to matter much to the general consumer or
      customer.

Gah.  More vendor-specific integrated stuff.

Already Microsoft is on-board on Ford/Lincoln automobiles with a
speech-recognition device for your MP3 player.  Wonder how it hears you
when you're playing the tunes at high volume?

Story about speech-recognition:

I called AT&T (formerly Bellsouth.net) because of their crap service
(down TWICE, for many hours, since AT&T has taken over).

Their system used voice recognition.  I called them back again to have
some fun, saying I wanted "Linux support".  The system kept repeating
the options.

Finally, I say one word:  "Windows".

The system says:  "We will connect you to a technician...".

--
Tux rox!