Re: [News] Novell Shrinks Significantly After Microsoft Deal

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 December 2007 23:09 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 19 December 2007 14:34 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Back to The Innovator's Dilemma - had Microsoft adopted open-source long
>>> ago, they'd probably be in fine fettle now...
>>
>> It pays off to just abuse ISO, pay settlement money for anticompetitive
>> conduct, bribe SCO and others to sue Linux, make unsubstantiated claims and
>> threats, spread disinformation, employ astroturfers, buy media companies,
>> and so forth.
>>
>> Microsoft found out that crime pays more than business.
>>

> There is a kind of crime tipping point where, once you go beyond it,
> you are no longer a criminal, rather, you become a highly successful
> businessman.

...*And* you are able to buy a positive PR mask to hide your crimes. I've
always used the analogy of car theft or hit-and-run incidents. Microsoft is
already a convicted criminal. It's a felon with documents. What does it have
to earn by actually behaving at this stage?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
 03:20:01 up 19 days, 16:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.80, 1.16