Re: [News] Tenth Planet Will Manage Free Software for Big Money

"7" <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dD5dj.69086$c_1.64711@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Tenth Planet wins $10mn deal from US firm

,----[ Quote ]
| Tech solutions vendor Tenth Planet Technologies Pvt Ltd has won a
| $10-million contract from US collection firm Talbott, Adams & Moore Inc
| (TAM Inc).
|
| Under the terms of the contract, Tenth Planet will develop and implement
| a complete open source architecture solution for TAM Inc's collection
| management businesses.
`----

http://www.business-standard.com/iceworld
storypage.php?leftnm=8&subLeft=2&chklogin=N&autono=308887&tab=r

Looks like there is big money in services companies offering open source
solutions. All big corporations have to do is outsource it
if they don't want to do it in-house.

There is money in offering any kind of effective solution to point problems. They are far easier to implement using modern methods such as .NET, though. And far quicker. "He who grabs the fastest grabs the mostest." I think Abraham Lincoln said that. Or maybe it was Bill Gates.

It is kind of ironic, though, that a bill collector would want to use Linux. The impoverished users of Linux are poor material for getting any payback. Can't get blood from a turnip and can't get money from an OSS fan, they say, neither has either.