[News] Ubuntu Becomes Synonymous with GNU/Linux?

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Becomes Synonymous with GNU/Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:09:44 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
There's more to Linux than Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I already said that it scares me. It scares me that I am in no power to
| change the state of affairs. It scares me because competition between
| distribution benefits them all, perfecting the tools, causing applications to
| be developed, economies and companies created, communities united. Without
| all this, Linux would stop being the "way of the l337", and the title "cool"
| and talent may move to other directions. So I hope it's not too late. I hope
| there's still time to differentiate. To explain to all that Linux is what
| matters, not the specific distribution, no matter how good and successful it
| may be. Hell, I may even use Ubuntu for different purposes, but I will use
| others as well (Gentoo for example, but also Fedora Core/CentOS and others),
| and remember the most important thing.
|
| There's much more to Linux than just Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.thetechandcents.com/2007/12/theres-more-to-linux-than-ubuntu.html

Linux Mint: A Newbie's Perspective

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, Mint is like they say: Minty fresh. Any beginning user could jump in
| with some help from Google and install Mint with no problems.
`----

http://animelinuxgamer.blogspot.com/2007/12/linux-mint-newbies-perspective.html

Related:

Divining from the Entrails of Ubuntu's Gutsy Gibbon

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3700666