[News] [Rival] Microsoft Kool-aid and "Vista-colored Glasses"

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Kool-aid and "Vista-colored Glasses"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:28:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ahhh … To See the World Through Vista Colored Glasses …

,----[ Quote ]
| In the most recent edition Nathan Clevenger offers a brief analysis
| of “Alternatives to Windows Mobile”. It is an excellent example of the
| subjective nature of life - or, to put it another way, boy oh boy do
| wnorthamericamarketsharecharte human beings have a talent for creating and
| believing our own reality regardless of the facts.
`----

http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/2007/12/21/ahhh-to-see-the-world-through-vista-colored-glasses/

Typical Redmond lies. Maybe one should start measuring Linux adoption worldwise
by studying Kerala in isolation and declare victory on the desktop.

Related:

Microsoft's vision for universal mobile platform a little blurred

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately for Microsoft, Windows Mobile is currently not even in the
| second runner in the smartphone operating systems race. Linux, which is
| widely used on mobile devices in China, is second to Symbian with more than
| 13% market share. Windows mobile is a distant third with about 6% share.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15017/1023/

Microsoft Hides Its Mobile and Business Apps Divisions

,----[ Quote ]
| The company is folding its two worst-performing divisions -- Microsoft
| Business Solutions (its business applications unit) and its Mobile and
| Embedded units -- into the Microsoft Business Division and Microsoft Home
| and Entertainment units, respectively.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1990243,00.asp?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

The Secret Failures of Microsoft