Re: Daily Kos poll shows 2 out of 3 Kossacks use GNU/Linux

____/ Darth Chaos on Sunday 23 December 2007 21:19 : \____

> http://www.dailykos.com/poll/1198216550_WtHaxTgb
>
> The informal poll shows that, as of December 23, 2007, at 4:12 PM
> Eastern, 29% of those surveyed use Ubuntu and/or one of its
> derivatives the most. 13% said that they use a version of GNU/Linux
> other than the ones listed in the poll, followed by Redhat RHEL at 8%,
> Fedora Linux at 7%, and openSUSE at 4%.
>
> 19% of those surveyed say they use Windows the most, and 14$ of those
> surveyed say they use Mac OS X.
>
> Results as of 4:12 PM Eastern on 12-23-2007 :
>
> Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu           25 votes - 29 %
> Red Hat RHEL    7 votes - 8 %
> Fedora Linux    6 votes - 7 %
> Novell SLED     0 votes - 0 %
> Novell openSUSE         4 votes - 4 %
> PC Linux OS     0 votes - 0 %
> Xandros         1 vote - 1 %
> Linspire        0 votes - 0 %
> Freespire       0 votes - 0 %
> Slackware       2 votes - 2 %
> Other           11 votes - 13 %
> Don't use Linux. I use Windows.         16 votes - 19 %
> Don't use Linux. I use Mac OS X.        12 votes - 14 %
>

> Overall, the results are GNU/Linux at 67%, followed by Windows at 19%
> and Mac OS X at 14%.
>
> Keep in mind, this is just a poll on one website.

In BoycottNovell, about half of the requests come from GNU/Linux (for sure),
plus a large portion of unknown/other/N/A or whatever you call it (probably
Linux). Web statistics that big companies 'approve' tend to take samples of
visits from 'Mickey Mouse' Web sites. And there are many other statistical
issues to consider...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
 22:00:01 up 13 days, 10:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.86, 1.03