[News] GNOME 2.21.4 Released, Continued Tour of KDE 4

  • Subject: [News] GNOME 2.21.4 Released, Continued Tour of KDE 4
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:14:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GNOME 2.21.4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the third release of the GNOME 2.21.x series, heading towards
| the stable GNOME 2.22.x release. More information about new
| development can be found here: http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2007-December/msg00058.html

KDE 4 Tour : K3b 2

http://www.jarzebski.pl/read/kde-4-tour-k3b-2.so

Related:

The LXer Interview: Sebastian Kügler of KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| If you ever want a glimpse of how much Sebastian Kügler does around KDE just
| subscribe to the kde-promo e-mail list which is as busy as it is effective,
| and that is just one of the many tasks that he is charged with. In his time
| with KDE, Sebastian has witnessed and helped facilitate some of the most
| sweeping changes the organization has ever seen. In our Interview we talk
| about those changes and more.

Burn Baby Burn

,----[ Quote ]
| MS: Are you the sole developer?
|
| ST: Not completely. There have been some contributors over the years,
| but only one is still left: Christian Kvasny, who does the VideoCD
| project and VideoCD ripping. Apart from that, basically, all the code
| was written by me since most of the things other people contributed over
| the years have been re-implemented.
|
| I am not completely sure why it is that K3b has so few developers.
| Maybe because it is hard to work with me on K3b. I am quite protective
| of my code and the K3b design. I think I've scared some away. ;)
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/K3b

Burning CDs/DVDs in Linux with K3B

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I see little room for massive improvement in K3b. It is a
| very solid program, has not crashed on me in the year or two I've been
| using it, and has pretty much been able to handle whatever files or
| formats I've thrown at it.
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/232057/burning_cdsdvds_in_linux_with_k3b.html

K3b 1.0 Final

,----[ Quote ]
| K3b is a CD and DVD burning application for Linux systems optimized for
| KDE. K3b project provides a comfortable user interface to perform most
| CD/DVD burning tasks like creating an Audio CD from a set of audio
| files or copying a CD.
`----

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/K3b-2027.shtml

Old:

K3b enters new era with approaching 1.0 release

,----[ Quote ]