Re: [News] Google Uses Mobile GNU/Linux Against Microsoft, Android SDK is Out

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Google's Secret Weapon
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "[Google is] an example of a company that literally couldn't have
> | existed in the same form pre-Linux or pre-open source," says Jim Zemlin,
> | executive director of The Linux Foundation -- the organization that pays
> | Linus Torvalds to work on the Linux kernel. "If they had to rely on
> | Microsoft or Sun, not only would it have been too expensive, they could
> | not have done the modifications necessary to create their services."

What they are really saying is that micoshaft will have stolen
their ideas, put out competing products
and not given them the chance to succeed by shovelling s*itty code
with back doors, time bombs, software missles, unauthorized payloads
in updates, deception, anti-competitive practices, monopoly
enhancing redirections of business income flow and anti-trust
compatible loonacy to boot filled into every crevice of business
operations and customer service.

Now it appears Linux is gonna kill all the fan boyees of micoshaft
instead.

> | The last point is confirmed by Google's Open Source Programs Manager
> | Chris DiBona, who joined the company in August 2004 to oversee and
> | coordinate its open source activities: "The thing about open source
> | [is], it's kind of like it's yours. Considering that Google does an
> | insane amount of software development, if we had to have some of the
> | restrictions that heavily proprietary would present us, we couldn't
> | develop at the speed that we do."
> `----
>
> http://redmondmag.com/features/article.asp?EditorialsID=2395
>
> Google releases Android SDK
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Google has released an SDK (software development kit) that programmers
> | can use to create cell-phone applications for the company?s Android
> | mobile platform.
> `----
>
> http://www.macworld.com/article/61005/2007/11/androidsdk.html
>

> Related:
>
> Why Google sponsored Android is set to be a market force
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Conversely, the report notes that Android will be less attractive to
> | those that want Linux as a kernel with their own differentiated
> | applications. ?Android may induce handset manufacturers to differentiate
> | more on hardware-specific features, such as usability, enhancing the Web
> | experience,? the analysts said.
> `----
>
> http://www.cpilive.net/v3/inside.aspx?scr=n&NID=1836&cat=TOP
20STORY&pub=COMPUTER%20NEWS%20MIDDLE%20EAST&k=mobility