Re: Vista sets 2007 land-speed record for copying and deleting

____/ Handover Phist on Friday 21 December 2007 05:01 : \____

> [H]omer :
>> Verily I say unto thee, that philo spake thusly:
>>> <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> That's a horrible exaggeration... Vista can create a cd in half that
>>> time :)
>>
>> Yes but after burning it in the record time of only 66 years, you're
>> then left with a disc in some weird format that no one else can read.
>
> No problem, you'll be retired by then.

"So far there's no business case for digital preservation--in fact, for
software makers like Microsoft, planned obsolescence is the plan."

http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/books-information-preservation-tech-media_cx_ee_books06_1201acid.html?partner=yahootix

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread