Re: [News] Further Proof That 'Intellectual' 'Property' is Insanity

suckmysav came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment ago
in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:45:34 +0000, Jim wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
moment
>> ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
>>
>>> Indonesia Stops Sharing Avian Virus Samples
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/08/1743249&from=rss
>>>
>>> FAA Attempts to Loosen Grip on Abandoned Vintage Aircraft Data
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/02/08/1743249&from=rss
>>>

>>> Related:
>>>
>>> Salt and Software
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> [1]
>> controlling
>> 3].

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.localfoss.org/Salt_And_Software
>>>

>>> Scrooge and intellectual property rights
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/333/7582/1279
>>
>> To be honest, I can't see a problem with a country's government saying to
>> patent troll company "Fuck you, you're not trading here" and allowing
local
>> business to innovate their own versions of the patented technology and
>> trade within that country without fear of getting sued - after all, the
>> patent troll has no market where he's not allowed to trade, right?
>>
>> Right?
>
> Unfortunately, no. What will happen then is the Patent Troller will go
> whining to the Guvmint and the Guvmint will very quickly explain to them
> that if they go ahead with thier plans to "steal the intellectual property
> of U.S. corporate citizens" then they will be unable to trade with ANY
> U.S. companies.

Not a problem for the Chinese - they buy most of their American tech from
French shell companies. On saying that, they make most of it themselves
anyway, so still no big loss for them.
--
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org
-*- Once upon a midnight dreary, as I porn-searched, weak and weary,
   o'er many a strange and spurious site of hot XXX galore.
   But when I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,
   and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my lost amore.
   "'Tis not possible," I muttered, "give me back my free hardcore!"
   Quoth the server: "404"
-*- Disclaimer:
   By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:
   1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
   2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and make
   such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends itself
   to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
   3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
   4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that may
   be included on your message.