Re: Vista Kills Gateway

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 09 February 2007 22:17 \__

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gateway-shares-slump-almost-10/story.aspx?guid=%7BE8F7540E%2D0E73%2D42D3%2D8DBC%2D87AE95FF57F2%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

>  >>>
> Gateway Chief Executive Ed Coleman attributed the revenue decline to
> weaker-than-normal demand in its retail business, as distributors worked
> through machines run by Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP operating system
> while they waited for Vista, the Windows upgrade released to consumers
> in January.
> <<<

They recently got millions out of Microsoft in some lawsuits. Why they
(successfully) sued Microsoft I don't know, but it pretty much tells you
there was 'monkey business'.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
Tasks: 129 total,   2 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie