[News] Two Linux Personalities, On and Off the Scene

Linspire Chairman Robertson: A Hero Among Geeks

,----[ Quote ]
| While it's made Michael Robertson a hero among geeks, his practices
| have also thrown him into legal trouble with companies that guard
| the rights to their ideas, including a two-year epic battle with
| Microsoft, over Robertson's Lindows operating system. Lindows name
| changed to Linspire in April 2004, as part of a $20 million
| settlement with Microsoft.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/YxR4y9WCFMtDr3/Linspire-CEO-Robertson-A-Hero-Among-Geeks.xhtml

JBoss founder departs Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| "I have done what I can to help Red Hat succeed," Fleury said. "People need
| to understand that open source is a tsunami that is transforming the
| software industry in its wake, and its inevitability is now well beyond
| challenge or the force of individual personality."
`----

http://news.com.com/JBoss+founder+departs+Red+Hat/2100-7344_3-6157917.html

Strong words from him.

Related:

McWhirter to Head JBoss Open Source Community

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ebizq.net/news/7699.html