Re: Squashing Claims That Linux Has Too Many Distributions

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 08 February 2007 20:39 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7
> <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:40:18 GMT
> <C0Lyh.8116$9S5.7536@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> asstroturfer raylopez99 wrote on behalf of micoshaft corporation:

>>> Linux is hobbyware.  Nothing more, unless you run Apache.  Case
>>> closed.  And I know how to code and have build a dozen systems (x86)
>>> from scratch.
>>>
>>> If I have a problem with Linux, what about somebody without a
>>> technical background?
>>>
>>> Flame on.
>>

>> WTF? YOU Idiot!
>> You buy supported Linux from RHAT, SuSE, Ubuntu, Mandriva,,,,
>>

> He does?  How do you know? :-)
>
> To be sure, "hobbyware" is an interesting way of describing Linux, but
> it does not appear to be a correct one.

Yeah... all these hobbyists who walk around in trunks while their Linux
computer analyses and solves DNA sequences. Meanwhile, nearby Windows users
are fighting pronographics popups and playing Solitaire.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
Mem:    514480k total,   483984k used,    30496k free,     3984k buffers