[News] The $50,000 Vista Exploit

Vista exploit found for sale for $50,000.00?Here it is!

,----[ Quote ]
| Russian sites are starting to post proof of concept code now. I had
| little idea of how trivial this exploit would be to understand but it
| would seem that error message parameters are used to elevate
| privledges.
`----

http://kevin.hatfieldfamilysite.com/?p=60

Related:

Microsoft Windows: Insecure by Design

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A34978-2003Aug23?language=printer

If Only We Knew Then What We Know Now About Windows XP

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/23/AR2006092300510.html?nav=rss_technology

Why Windows is a security nightmare

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/21/1085120110704.html

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
| Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
|                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
| the BBC reports. "Despite all that, the net is still working,
| which is pretty amazing. It's pretty resilient," he said.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

Symantec: Microsoft conflict of interest is damaging internet

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/07/symantec_thompson_microsoft/