Re: [News] Companies Pay for Work on Free Open Source Software

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Tuesday 06 February 2007 20:22 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The Enterprise Committer: When Your Employee Develops Open-Source Code on
>> the Company Payroll
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This is not occurring in a bastion of open-source freedom; Marechal's
>> | company (which is a household word) has no open-source policy.
>> | Everything is proprietary. "As far as upper management knows, it's a 100
>> | percent Microsoft shop
>
> They'd better get rid of Microsoft Windwos as well - it contains OSS (BSD)
> code.[1]
>
> [1] Or has things like winsock been rewritten to remove every last trace of
> the BSD code?

It's possible, but this means that the new code is untested and immature,
just like the rest of the O/S, whose many bugs led to customer backlash.

Symantec Finds Flaws In Vista's Network Stack

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/190700049;jsessionid=MWLALDT21M1...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
roy      pts/4                         Tue Feb  6 19:01 - 19:01  (00:00)