Re: [News] Microsoft Origami Team Folds

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Original 'Origami' team moves to a new secret project
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| This "secret project" could be nothing more than a lot of hype --
>| as was the "Origami Project" (which morphed into the
>| less-than-well-received Ultramobile PCs).
> `----
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=234
>
> While the Origami was clearly a failure (see more below), Nokia's Linux-based
> Internet tablet is a success story.

And it will surely continue that trend.  The rapid growth of the maemo
sites and the large amount of software ported to the 770 (and presumably
now 800) mean that these machines start out with significant support.

Anything Microsoft kick-off needs to have either all the standard
Microsoft stuff ported to it straight away (at what cost?), and then
hope that the few remaining third-party groups which develop software
for Windows will do the same.  This issue has become so significant,
that it could be that Microsoft will struggle to launch anything again.

Stult's Report:
	Our problems are mostly behind us.  What we have to do now is
	fight the solutions.