Re: [News] Photoshop Clone for Linux, with Examples

Hans Schneider wrote:
Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Make the world your palette.
Make it on your favorite OS.

,----[ Quote ]
| The movie industry has shown high demand for such software to be
| ported and, after a long wait, companies such as Autodesk and
| Softimage have ported fully supported Linux versions of their
| applications for their dedicated customers.
`----

http://www.jeffreyjonesgraphics.com/

I am thinking this post is a troll one?

It say Gimp is finished:

"The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) has been the most successful
replacement for a high-end image editing application but ever since
development slowed in the project, the application has had no real
improvement"

Also it means that photoshop will never be happens on Linux:

" Even after such bold moves by other companies, however, there is still
 no indication that we will ever see the popular Photoshop ever selling
 on the Linux market"

And this pixel is what in terms of prices? it is not free. But what it
gives us that Gimp does not?

I am confused. Why is this good for the Linux artists when they can use
gimp?

It seems he is saying gimp development is stagnant. This application is easier to use for someone who is used to photoshop.

Also it appears to do cmyk something Gimp is not able to do.

Jeanette