Re: [News] Linux Genuine Advantage Site Launched

Hans Schneider wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Linux Genuine Advantage
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Linux Genuine Advantage works by checking our licensing server
>> | periodically to make sure that the copy of Linux you are running
>> | is Genuine. This is determined by whether you have paid us the
>> | appropriate licensing fees. If you are out of compliance, and
>> | are past the grace period, logins to your machine will be
>> | disabled until the license fees are paid. How to log in to
>> | enter the license key when logins are disabled is left as
>> | an exercise for the reader.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxgenuineadvantage.org/
>>
>> It sounds like a nice 'feature'.
>
> It sounds to me like intrusiveness of calling home like Microsoft XP and
> Vista. Can you explain why it is not same for all?
>
> Or is it just humor of some kind that is not so funny? Maybe it is me
> missing the points being made.

One of two things has happened here.

1. You didn't actually read it but still felt quallified to comment.
Unfortunately if you read it now you will find how stupid your comment
actually is.

Or 2. You did read it so no number of rereads or explanations will help you.