[News] Linux Project Demonstrates the Merits of Collaboration; OpenOffice Gains Another Collaboration Facility

Linux Guitar Project is not a solo act

,----[ Quote ]
| Kett makes custom classical and steel string guitars from his studio
| in Port Perry, Ontario. He's also a graphic artist who's been "living
| and working around Linux" since 1996. But Kett really jumped into
| the "ecosystem" about six months ago through his patronage at the
| linuxcaffe coffee shop and Linux Internet café in Toronto.
|
| [...]
|
| Kett says for now, they're not planning to mass produce the guitar,
| but if Linux Guitar 1.0 is successful, they'll look into the
| possibility of making more. "This project will succeed only if it
| sparks the involvement of our community, and hopefully it will
| bring the idea of community to more people."
|
| Patrick also hopes to get more people involved in the pre-production phase.
| "If we can keep the project wide open, and the potential of the guitar is
| compelling enough to get some real collaboration, we'll learn a bunch and
| have some fun. If that results in a new hybrid super Tux-powered guitar,
| all the better."
`----

http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/31/1951219&tid=12

Collaborative work with OpenOffice: PengYou

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/collaborative-work-with-openoffice-pengyou/