[News] InformationWeek on Disinformation in Biased Microsoft's Anti-Linux 'Study'

Microsoft Exec Wanted To Mask Linux Report Sponsorship, E-mails Reveal

,----[ Quote ]
| And the month before, Houston wrote Johnson a message that intimated
| pressure had been put on IDC to tweak the report so it would put
| Microsoft in a better light. "I hate to put it like this, but at
| this point, IDC is done negotiating with us. We have moved them
| quite a bit already, but they are now holding the line, saying
| that if we want the names of their 'big' analysts on the report,
| this is it."
|
| Although Microsoft's Web site still hosts a Dec. 17, 2002 press
| release extolling the TCO survey, the study itself has been
| removed.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197002546

Related:

Reviewing a Microsoft anti-Linux case study

,----[ Quote ]
| The answer is that neither Linux nor Solaris nor any other Unix variant is
| mentioned in this report; Microsoft simply hung an anti-Linux label on a
| very carefully worded story about a pair of committed Microsoft partners,
| HP and Accenture, getting together with Microsoft to sell rather simple
| technology to a willing customer - whose employers, I think, should be
| seriously embarrassed.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Murphy/index.php?p=739

Slashdot promotes windows!

,----[ Quote ]
| This ad appeared on this mornings reload of Slashdot.org. It
| ran big bold headlines "LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE CHOOSES WINDOWS
| OVER LINUX FOR RELIABILITY!" and stopped at the frame shown here.
| The implication is "Windows is more reliable than Linux in server
| environments. You should run Windows Server 2003 if you want to
| succeed."
`----

http://planet-geek.com/archives/003510.html

Fighting Claims That Open Source Is Insecure?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/01/0413212&from=rss