Re: [News] Microsoft Trying to 'Pull a Novell' on Red Hat

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Microsoft courts Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are vendors in the same marketplace. We have made it clear that
| we would love to have a deal similar to the Novell deal in multiple
| respects. Microsoft would very much like to do a deal with Red Hat."

There's a beautiful symmetry to this.

If Novell makes a deal, then Linux gets protection.

If RedHat doesn't make a deal, then Linux gets freedom.

So, at this point, Linux is both protected and unemcumbered.

The only loser here is Microsoft, who is paying Novell not to be sued, and yet can be sued by RedHat.