[News] Virtualisation News from LinuxWorld

OpenQRM marries management with virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| With many of today's systems and network management tools tied to
| physical machines, silicon valley start-up Qlusters is touting
| its open source openQRM suite as a bridge to the virtual world.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=270546269&rid=-50

Microsoft takes a step into virtualisation by liaising with a sponosor of
OpenVZ. Just like Xen (or PHP/Zend, perhaps even Novell), Microsoft tries to
/buy/ an advantage. It has already acquired a virtualisation company, but it
also gets pacts with the other [players. It knows it has fallen behind
Linux, so it's trying to reverse things, using cash.

Virtualizer SWsoft To Unveil Free Microsoft Support

,----[ Quote ]
| "We want to create a 'one-stop shop' for virtualization, from the
| consumer to the enterprise," Daniel said. This environment will
| span Linux, Windows, and MacOS--an operating system already
| supported by Parallels--in addition to other platforms.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/newss/6359/1/

Yesterday:

The Year of Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that Windows will continue to succumb to Linux in the data
| center, MySQL and Postgres will continue to win projects that once
| fell to Oracle and DB/2.
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/162110_p.htm

Virtualization: Linux's killer app