[News] Red Hat Will Never Fall for Microsoft's IP FUD

New Microsoft deal in the works with Red Hat? Don't bet on it

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft and Red Hat both have acknowledged that Microsoft has
| tried to get Red Hat to sign an all-encompassing technology/marketing
| /patent deal. But Red Hat execs have been quite plain in their
| disinterest in a Novell-type partnership -- while, at the same
| time, telling customers to go ahead and take Microsoft's Linux
| voucher money.
|
| I understand why Microsoft would like to get another open-source
| vendor or two to sign a Novell-type deal. After all, there's
| nothing like the smell of FUD to get customers ready to buyL
| inux to reconsider the wisdom of their decision. But I am
| doubtful Red Hat will be the one to cave.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=270

Related:

Ballmer: Novell deal proves open source needs to 'respect IP rights'

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=265