[News] Microsoft - 700, SourceForge - 141,625

Microsoft tries to be friendly to the open source community

,----[ Quote ]
| When the company launched its code-sharing forum called CodePlex
| in May of 2006, the Web site only had 12 posted projects. Today,
| nine months later, there are more than 700 current projects on the
| site to allowing programmers and developers to contribute and
| freely share code in the IT community.
`----

http://www.itdirection.net/it-news-0006/021907-00099-it-news.shtml

Even the brand-new Google hosting beats them.

Yesterday I read a .NET blogger who whined about the lack of Open Source code
in the Microsoft world. Everything is PHP and MySQL, he argued. This attempt
to catch up is a case of too little, too late. And needless to say, Open
source with Microsoft technology is self contradictory.

Related:

Using open source as a marketing ploy

,----[ Quote ]
| This is typical trend riding fluff. If you go the Aras website you
| read about "Microsoft Enterprise Open Source Solutions", which is
| comical in and of itself.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/more_open_sourc.html

"Microsoft seems to have hijacked Linux Asia"

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ciol.com/content/developer/Linux/2007/107020104.asp