[News] Reports and Videos from LinuxWorld

LinuxWorld OpenSolutions Wrap Up--Is Open Source Really Superior?

,----[ Quote ]
| "It seems to me that a lot of the software people think of as
| 'open source' isn't truly open source," said Kenneth Dombrowski,
| a Web site developer attending the show.
|
| Dombrowski was referring to a movement among some vendors to
| provide not just free open source software, but commercial "hybrid"p
| roducts mixing open source with proprietary components.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6358/1/

LinuxWorld New York: a longer name for a smaller show (videos)

,----[ Quote ]
| This was a business-to-business show. The presentations were aimed
| almost purely at companies either using open source (and Linux)
| already and thinking of expanding their open source (and Linux)
| use or at companies considering at least a little use of open
| source (and Linux) in the future.
`----

http://community.linux.com/community/07/02/19/1435218.shtml?tid=53&tid=3&tid=23

[Sorry about that last accidental post. I'm hitting the wrong keys.]