Re: New Windows Security Model

  • Subject: Re: New Windows Security Model
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:12:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ flyer ] on Sunday 18 February 2007 11:43 \__

> On 18 Feb 2007 10:57:03 GMT, suckmysav <brettg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Due to widespread user dissatisfaction of the new UAC security model in
>>Windows Vista, Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) has announced a "bold
>>new, totally unbreakable" method of ensuring users do not unwittingly
>>install damaging malware on thier systems.
>>
>>All Windows Vista users are advised to adopt this new security method
>>forthwith.
>>
>>http://anarka.org/files/misc_pictures/Manager_of_the_year.jpg
>
> Brilliant suggestion.
> heh heh heh heh heh

Shouldn't the network cable (Ethernet/modem) be unplugged as well? Several
vulnerabilities require no user intervention to be exploited.

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
Swap:  1036184k total,   509792k used,   526392k free,    69844k cached