Re: The Register on Vista: A Massively Multiplayer Beta Test

__/ [ flyer ] on Saturday 17 February 2007 04:30 \__

> On 15 Feb 2007 07:48:09 -0800, "486box" <geckoboy2424@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>><snip>
>>SHUT UP ABOUT VISTA!
>>
>>Look Roy, we all know it sucks. Go to a Windows basher newsgroup to
>>post shit about Vista. If Vista's being directly compared to Linux,
>>then OK, maybe post it. But stuff like these has nothing to do with
>>Linux whatsoever.
>>
>>I want to hear about Linux!
>

> Part of Linux good news is how MS is imploding (and will die like
> Rome). Linux is still small comparatively and needs all the cheering
> on it can get.
>
> It's encouraging to the Linux storm rumbling just off the coast of
> Redmond WA.
>
> It also balances out the news about how MS screws people and
> companies.

I only later realised that Richard Raster and Gruff had beat me to it. Sorry
about that duplicate, which happens to be an excellent an honest review from
the Register. No boot licking for Ballmer and his gang.

The Inquirer reporter that PR firms had an onslaught on every journalist, on
behalf on Microsoft. That was around the time Vista was released. And if
every E-mail that comes your way excerts exactly the same promotional
drivel, it's difficult to diverge. Most journalists responded as though they
were borgs in a storm of brainwash and peer pressure.

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
  8:20am  up 25 days  8:38,  6 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.09, 0.26