[News] Microsoft Seeks to Bend Rules to Boost Its "Monopoly Enabler"

Microsoft's Love Letter to IBM and the Shape of Things to Come

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is presumably laying the groundwork here for an ongoing
| campaign that will link the ISO process to recently introduced
| legislation in Minnesota and Texas.  The two bills in question
| use the same definition of an open standard, and would control
| procurement by the respective states through legislation, as
| compared to internal rules, as was the case in Massachusetts. Such
| bills, if successful, would indeed set criteria for procurement
| that vendors would have to decide whether or not to meet, at the
| cost of losing sales if their decision is not to conform.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=2007021507253728

Interoperability, choice and Open XML - spot the odd one out

,----[ Quote ]
| The letter's contents are extraordinary. It essentially says
| Microsoft is all for interoperability and a lot of "hype
| - smoke and mirrors..." exists regarding this in the world.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/openxml_not_right

They have been bending the rules before.

Related:

MA Governor-Elect Names MS Anti-ODF Lobbyist to Technology Advisory Group

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20061128161343183