Re: Daniel Lyons on Comes v. MS ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Thursday 15 February 2007 19:04 \__

> 'Strike up the band and shout hallelujah--another blow has been struck for
> truth, justice and the American way, thanks to the hard work of a dogged
> plaintiff's attorney in Des Moines, Iowa'
>
> 'In other words: The cat-lady personal-injury lawyer in Iowa who's been
> running the shakedown on Microsoft finally decided to take the money and
> scoot'
>
> 'Then the plaintiffs got snapped by the judge when it came out that they
> had been holding back documents that they were supposed to share with the
> defense'
>
> 'The judge .. told them to quit the shenanigans and turn over the documents
> to Microsoft'
>
> 'For whatever reasons, somehow this cat-lady personal injury lawyer with
> political aspirations became very upset about the price of Microsoft
> Office, or something, and gosh darn it, she decided she was gonna make
> those big bad guys at Microsoft pay!'
>
> 'My guess is that Conlin thought she was going to get loads of great
> publicity out of this and look like a big hero, a la Erin Brockovich .. In
> the end, she just looked silly'
>
> http://tinyurl.com/26e7et

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/14/microsoft-lawsuit-settlement-tech-cz_dl_0214lawsuit.html

Groklaw readers call Lyons an SCO shill.

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
  8:00pm  up 23 days 20:18,  6 users,  load average: 2.73, 1.54, 1.13