[News] Microsoft Requires Product Reviewers to Sign Special Agreement

Microsoft requires reviewers to sign Zune license

,----[ Quote ]
| In requesting a review package for the Microsoft Zune digital audio
| player, I was recently presented with something I had never seen
| before: a license agreement for the actual review materials. The
| document a public relations representative asked me to sign
| dictated the terms by which I could use and write about the
| Zune. Consequently, I declined the opportunity to write about
| the product because I don't want the manufacturer to put
| restrictions on what I write about their products. Below is an
| explanation of what this bizarre agreement entails.
`----

http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/303

Why is Microsoft so afraid? What is it trying to hide? These rules it imposes
were declared illegal in Germany, IIRC. Microsoft seeks to control what
reviwers are saying about its products.

Related:

Vista licensing also limits benchmarking

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2218/061101vistalicense/index.html