[News] Open Source Deals and Announcements (Digest)

OS Cryptographics Accelerators coming soon

,----[ Quote ]
| The project integrates Hifn?s 795x algorithm accelerators, as well
| as the 7855 and 8155 security processors, with Linux and FreeBSD. The
| project also includes integration with the Openswan IPsec protocol
| stack. In the open source world, Openswan is viewed as the most
| advanced and flexible VPN solution.
`----

http://opensourceblog.itproportal.com/?p=270

Force10 switches to open source FreeBSD for core switch OS

,----[ Quote ]
| The switch company has ported its Force10 Operating System (FTOS)
| from Wind River's VxWorks, a proprietary real-time operating
| system, to open source FreeBSD, in an effort to make its
| switches more stable and flexible.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/021407-force10-open-source.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Hyperic enhances open source management platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Hyperic HQ 3.0 Open Source event analysis software, introduced
| at the LinuxWorld Open Solution Summit, now includes features
| that lets the software collect and report historical and
| real-time data from any log source, configuration file
| or security module.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/021407-hyperic-open-source.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news
http://tinyurl.com/23fxe6

SpikeSource and Hyperic Partner to Deliver Business-Ready Open Source Systems
Management Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| "The partnership with SpikeSource opens new channels to us and
| will help ensure that more manageable open source products will
| continue to gain traction in the enterprise," said Javier Solter,
| Hyperic CEO. "We look forward to continuing to work with
| SpikeSource."
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/337281_p.htm

Related:

Next Gen, Mission-Critical Apps To Be Deployed on Linux Says Report

,----[ Quote ]
| By now it should be obvious to even the most casual industry observers
| that Linux operating systems - and open source-based software in general -
| have reached critical marketplace mass. Recent Linux deals and
| announcements by Oracle and Microsoft have only reinforced the "open
| source is enterprise-grade" message that IBM, Unisys and other "Master
| Brand" hardware, software and services vendors have been preaching for
| years. In short, open source, especially Linux, is becoming "legitimized"
| by the major vendors for enterprise environments, and user executives
| are more than happy to believe them.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/RoundUp/Next_Gen_MissionCritical_Apps_To_Be_Deployed_on_Linux_Says_Report

CIO study finds Linux ready for prime-time

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7681