[News] Router News: Windows Zombie PCs, Cisco OS Vulnerabilities

Verizon Extends DoS Mitigation to Europe

,----[ Quote ]
| Many hosting companies offer DoS and DDos mitigation on site in their
| data centers, he said, "whereas we're doing it in the backbone, which
| means we're mitigating up to 2Gbps, while they're at tail circuit
| speed.
`----

http://www.computerbusinessreview.com/article_news.asp?guid=2E39D64E-0453-45EB-AC5D-F96B912AC824
http://tinyurl.com/2ke6vv

Guess who's paying for this? Or suffers downtimes...

Cisco warns of more router vulnerabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| The intrusion prevention capabilities of Cisco Systems' routers
| could be prone to attack, after the networking giant revealed
| two vulnerabilities in its key operating system.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6159336.html

Cisco only recently disclosed some affection for Linux. Maybe it should take
this further. Open Source companies are already gunning for Cisco with their
Linux-based routers.

Related:

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/