Re: [News] Microsoft Says Vista Has Less Bugs Than It Expected

On 2007-02-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Vista securityVole is happy with bugs
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In an IDG interview, Ben Fathi said that he was not surprised
>| with the number of bugs users had found in Vista as he expected
>| users to find some.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37584
>
> Wow. That's a serious PR mistake. Below is just a few stories that would make
> such statements lead to an embarrassment. It's an admission that Microsoft
> accepts public releases of software with what it calls "high impact
> problems". Later you wonder why a quarter of all Windows PCs are fully
> controlled by criminal.

Maybe they were expecting a lot more really awful stuff and they've
been pleasantly surprised so far. Maybe they're really disappointed,
but they're trying to hide their disappointments. Who knows.

All I know is they'll eventually have *more* bugs than expected. Once
they have significant numbers of people using it. Which won't be for a
long while.

--
I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an