Re: [News] Sony: We Won Format War

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:24:58 +0000
<45075138.CPbWK098qL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Sony's New Blu-ray Marketing Message: Format War is Over
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Sony Pictures Home Entertainment worldwide president David Bishop made
> | the comments to trade newspaper Video Business in reaction to widely
> | reported Neilsen/VideoScan sales figures indicating that Blu-ray
> | discs outsold HD DVD in January by a ratio of 2:1.
> `----
>
> http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/468

[rest snipped]

War?  What war?  I can't hear a thing; too many IEDs
going off and people dying and bleeding and amputating and
what not over in the western part of Asia or something.
It's a four-letter word, that much I can tell you....

:-)

Compared to that, the Blu-Ray and HD thing was just a very
minor business tiff.  What's a few hundred million among friends
when one can pour a few hundred BILLIONS onto the sand over there?

Ah, hyperbole.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #104392:
for(int i = 0; i < 1000000; i++) sleep(0);