Re: [News] 90% of Motorola's Recently-shipped Phones Run Linux

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Monday 12 February 2007 18:46 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> 64 million smart phones shipped
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Linux devices represented over 90 per cent of the 1.5 million phones
>> | Motorola shipped in Q4, while three quarters of both RIM and Palm's
>> | shipments were in North America.
>
> Million?   That seems like rather a small number for all Motorola phones...

These are smart phones and I suspect it's not a global figure. Linux phones
have been tremendously popular in China.

Either way, looking at the total figures and knowing that around 1 billion
phones were sold, the "64 million" figure stands out as suspicious. There's
some catch here. It gives the wrong impression and it probably isn't what it
says on the tin.

--
                ~~ Happy Valentine's Day (Mañana)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
Swap:  1036184k total,   424808k used,   611376k free,    53920k cached