Re: [News] Option: The Return of Windows ME

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Is Vista the Return of ME?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Remember Windows ME? That big fat hunk of crap that some people got
> | suckered into buying? Remember how XP came out right after it? I'm
> | starting to smell a "lets release something before Apple does"
> | game. It doesn't smell very good.
> `----

On the other hand, this might have been the best fake out in the
corporate world.

Apple has a hit with its iTunes and other related products. Microsoft
goes into panic mode, building all sorts of DRM into Vista. As a result,
Vista might turn out to be the biggest crippled pig yet to come out of
Redmond. No sooner does Microsoft commit themselves to the product and
Jobs goes to press with the announcement that DRM is counterproductive
and should be done away with.

Windows developers are probably marching on Redmond as we speak with
pitchforks and torches.

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto:Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is the government our founding fathers warned us about.